- Sometimes you need a little attitude to get through the day. When her classmate makes fun of her shirt…. her reply “If you can’t say something nice… don’t say anything! I like this shirt.”
- Sometimes you just have to create things and keep improving them. She created slime, too sticky and so kept working at improving the recipe until she had just what she wanted. Now she’s working on the container for it.
- Sometimes you need to ignore when someone rolls their eyes at you. When that happens, she finds more like-minded friends and loses the ones that are more interested in drama than having fun. Those girls that want their “alone” recess. Let them have it!
- Sometimes you just need to write a funny poem to brighten your day. When things go bump and you hurt your rump, just sit on a stump until you can jump and don’t be a frumpy chump. (Written at breakfast and had all her sisters giggling)
- Sometimes you just need to know… you’re awesome. One day I gave her a compliment about her creativity and her reply.. “I know.. I’m awesome!” (followed by a big grin and a hug)
- Sometimes we need to question the “rules.” “Can I walk to the Loaf and Jug with my friend?” Her mom’s reply – “No.” “When will you trust me?” “I know I can do it.”
“Please give me a chance!”
- Sometimes you need to have the confidence and swag of a ten year old.