“You know the nearer your destination
The more you’re slip slidin’ away”
Simon and Garfunkel
Sequence of events:
- Grandaughters arrive – One is not talking and signing everything (mental note to talk to her after school)
- One says her tummy hurts
- One tells “Alexa” to play “I’ve Got This Feeling” from the Trolls movie
- At least one is eating
- Walking to the car carrying two year old and I slip and we both tumble to the ground.
- We both are full of snow but fine.
- Opening the garage door, we find my car is covered with snow that must have blown through gaps in the door.
- Taking the girls and myself to school is like sliding on butter,
BUT, we make it and as I’m sitting here, I’m rethinking my decision not to buy a 4-wheel drive vehicle!